Coating is a covering that is applied to the surface of an object, usually referred to as the substrate. The purpose of applying the coating may be decorative, functional, or both.
Here we are introducing coated or skinned plastic sheets. Coating or Skinning strengthen the capacity of plastic sheet to improve the quality of the products with customized high performance surface structure.
Coating (skinning) is a very cost effective technology which has became very popular now a days in OEM and other industry. Skinning technology shortens and simplifies the traditional process by applying high performance polyurethane surfaces (soft, hard, foamed) on thermoplastics substrates directly in the mold thus providing:
- Rigid or flexible polyurethane coatings or skins
- Fast color change for coatings and skins
- UV-resistance – Coating / Skinning technology is a turnkey solution.
- Customized textures – Various film thicknesses (200µm to 10mm)
- A short process chain, simple handling