Blended Sheets/Combined Sheets
Blending and Mixing Resins Clear LDPE (low density polyethylene) plastic resin in pellet form is vacuum fed from storage silos and blended with various additives as required for specific product applications. These mixes transform the plastic polymer to improve their basic mechanical, physical and chemical properties into a commercial product.
Additives combine to create the desired proprietary blends of clarity, strength, stretch ability, seal ability, scuff and tear resistance, UV protection, bacterial protection, surface appearance, slip resistance and other properties required for the finished product.
If colored film is to be made, colored pellets (called “Master Batch”) are added in blends from 1% to 25% to achieve different opacities and virtually any color imaginable.
- Extreme chemical resistance, good mechanical properties
- highly resistant to thermal degradation
- Excellent strength, stiffness and dimensional stability
- Lightweight compared to steel, aluminum and titanium
- Low coefficient of friction
- High wear resistance without lubrication
- Low toxicity when exposed to flames
- Glass filled grades are available
- Outstanding wear resistance